Well we've passed the 20 week mark and we are into the second half of the pregnancy. I go for my regular monthly appointment tomorrow and Thursday is the BIG REVEAL! Look for a post to find out what we're having! Here is the 20 week update....
Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel —
the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure,
measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).
And...I can't believe I'm doing this, but here is a picture of me at 20 weeks. I feel so huge I didn't want any pictures taken of me, but I know I'd regret it later if I have no pictures to show my kids one day of mom big and pregnant! I didn't even let John take it, I set the camera timer and did it myself when we wasn't home! Oakley was giving me some weird looks....but then again, he probably just needed to be taken out! So...be kind with your remarks. I feel like the whole tummy popped out in the past 2 weeks (although those boobs popped out the day we found out we were pregnant!) and I'm still adjusting to my new shape!
BUT....I will say, I still look mostly normal in "non maternity" clothes. I can pull off a regular t-shirt with maternity jeans or khakis and look somewhat like myself. Here is one of my very often worn outfits these days......PJs!!
Also, if you're wondering why I'm posting during the day, I am home today. I was called for jury duty but by 8:30am I was already excused and on my way back home. When the judge asked if anyone had any reasons she needed to hear about as to why they couldn't serve jury duty this week I went and told her how the BIG REVEAL is this week. Thank GOD the judge was a woman and understood and sent me home with a "medical excuse". So....I got a very much needed day off to catch up on grading papers and spend some quality time with Oakley. Needless to say, he's happy I'm home today too so he doesn't have to spend the day in the laundry room! He's been sprawled out all day, following the sun as it shines through different windows in the house. He's just too cute!
5 comments:
Lots of fun! Just think, this is the only time you can be as huge as a house and no one can say a thing! Blair always says I'm pregnantly plump, lol! Good luck in the coming months, it gets MUCH more interesting!
ahhh, you look so cute pregnant...something I never got to experience. I was not a cute pregnant person!!
I am anxious to find out what you're having on Thursday. If it's a boy, I can totally hook you up. If you want :)
You are so funny. You are not HUGE AT ALL! You are adorable. If I were to post some pics of me right now you would be petrified, ha ha. I am HUGE HUGE HUGE! Now when you cross the 200 lb mark, then you can talk about HUGE!!!! HA HA!
Looks like you are so happy, and excited about your little one. I can't wait to find out what you are having. That is such an exciting ultrasound. I was so nervous that they would not be able to tell, but my worry was in vain. Now we are 6 to 7 weeks away from holding our little Jovi Kayle McCarty! I can't wait to see her little face, and touch her little fingers and toes. (We're probably being induced at 37-38 weeks due to gestational diabetes.)
You look so good! I can't wait to see you over holidays! Good luck Thursday. I fixed my blog sorry. I guess I clicked on the wrong security for comments. Take Care let us know as soon as you can. Love you!!
You look so cute! In the t-shirt and PJ's, I couldn't even tell.
I can't wait to hear the results Thursday! You'll have to share soon.
As for Saturday, it certainly will be interesting! My mom will be in Kansas this weekend, so she's stopping in Norman to stock up on OU gear for us. ;)
Post a Comment