Sunday, October 26, 2008
Baby McGowan visits the doctor again
I went to the doctor again on Thursday to have Baby McGowan checked on. The doctor said things are looking great and we are right on schedule. The heartbeat was nice and strong again and still a speedy 162 beats per minute. The nurse said if the old wives tale stands true we'll have a little girl joining our family in April. They took some blood from me to run a QUAD screen to measure the levels of four substances produced by the fetus and passed into my bloodstream. It is routine procedure and the results will let us know if the baby is at higher risk for any type of birth defects. The doctor said my blood pressure was great (110/70), I was measuring just right, and weight gain is great (no weight gain so far!!). I go for my next appointment on November 18th and then we go to the hospital for the ultrasound on the 20th. And in between those two appointments on the 19th John and I will celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary! Lots to celebrate this year!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wow! No weight gain? That is impressive!!
Post a Comment