We went back to see Dr. Brezeale on September 25th to check on the baby. This was a super quick appointment, I'm thinking most of them will be for a while now. The coolest part of the appointment was getting to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. The heartbeat has slowed down from the last appointment, but is still a quick one. At the first appointment the heartbeat was 188 beats per minute. This appointment it was 164 beats per minute. A lot of people are telling me that means it is a girl, others are telling me it means its a boy.
I go back to the doctor again for another regular check up at the end of this month. We have an appointment at the hospital on November 20th for our ultrasound to find out if we're having a girl or a boy. I can't wait to find out so we can start shopping!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
It's so fun at this point. Every appointment you'll be able to hear the heartbeat and it never gets old.
Cody, Cade and Cole all had different heartbeats but they were in the 150's and 160's so I don't know what to tell you! I had all boys, I don't know what a girl's heartbeat is like! :)
I can't wait to find out what you're having either!!
My doc said the heartbeat does not determine whether it is a boy or a girl. She said it is an old wives tale, but I still did all the old wive's tales just for fun. I even did the ring on a string, and the Drano test, ha ha. HEB carries those Intelligender test, and they are kind of fun, but not 100% accurate.
My doc said that 73% of women can tell just by instinct, and that that is the best "non-medical" way of telling. I was sure from the beginning that this was a girl, and sure enough, we're having a little lady.
For the sake of wive's tales, Jovi's heartbeat was also very fast in the beginning, in the 180's. The theory says that when the heartbeat is over 150 it is a girl and under that is a boy, but as you can see Ashley said that her boys were 150-160 BPM. So maybe you are having a girl with that super fast heartbeat.
Post a Comment