Sunday, March 1, 2009

Nesting....Planting....Same thing?

Yesterday was such a beautiful day I took advantage of it by getting all of my flowers planted for the year. HOPEFULLY we won't have any more super cold weather to kill all of my new pretty flowers! I figured my yard work days are numbered, so with a lot of effort, and a lot of breaks, I got it all done! The next few weeks are going to get busy, so if it didn't get done now, we weren't going to have flowers this year. Next weekend Adam, Shauna, and Miss Ava are coming into town, the following weekend my Aunt Ann will be here from Connecticut, then we've only got a weekend or two left until Jay arrives! I think the yard looks great. So....inside the house and outside in the yard we're just about ready for Jay. Now.....emotionally.....that may be a different story, especially after watching that "birth" video at childbirth class this past week. YIKES!
One of my planters. This one is on the front porch. My friend Monica is a genius when it comes to planting things. I wasn't sure what to do with this pot so she went to Lowes with me and picked out the plants and told me how to arrange them. I must say, this looks MUCH better than the sad little plant I had in there last Spring!
Also on the front porch. I had some leftover petunias from the flower bed on the side of the house and didn't know what to do with them. So...I just threw 'em in a pot and put it on the front porch too.
Flower bed on the side of the house. You can see these flowers through our kitchen windows.
Left side of the driveway.

This is in the backyard. Last year John and I put these rocks around the tree to create another flower bed. No matter what I planted, nothing did too great back here. It gets really uneven sun and didn't get hit by the sprinklers....which meant they didn't get watered much! So, this year we just pulled out all the old plants/weeds and put mulch around the tree. I actually think it looks much better. As you can see, Oakley must like it too!
So after a LONG day in the yard yesterday, I'm pretty darn tired and sore today and taking it easy inside!

No comments: