Here is what Jay is doing this week:
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt.He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.
We did some more shopping this weekend. We got our travel system (car seat and stroller). Now...I've been catching a lot of heat from friends and family about how much stuff John and I have already bought. Let me take a moment to defend myself and my actions. First....any of you that really know me know how ridiculous I am about planning and also about being tight with money. So, rather than wait until the 8th or 9th month to buy up all the stuff that is still on the registry and go into the poor house, John and I decided very early in our pregnancy to buy things each month to lessen the blow to our checking account. Second....this is the THIRD travel system I've fallen in love with and registered for. We registered in November, and since then the other two systems I'd picked out are no longer being sold or they are unavailable. So...Friday night John and I headed down to Babies R Us yet again to pick out another stroller. Once we'd decided on one John said we were NOT re-registering for it, we were buying it and taking it home right then so I didn't get my heart broken again when it disappeared! I think my emotional ups and downs aren't as "cute" as they once were. So, we went ahead and purchased the system, brought it home and got it all put together and it looks great. Its a little more colorful than the others we'd liked, we were hoping for something mainly black, but apparently these things are suppossed to be very cute. So here are pics....



Oakley made sure to check things out that they were safe enough for his little brother.
Other than that no news to report, we're enjoying the gorgeous weekend and getting ready to watch the Super Bowl tonight.


2 comments:
Whatever makes you happy!!!
Room looks great and the stroller is so cute! We just got a big-a** triple stroller. Not sure if I can actually take it anywhere...
Good luck in the coming weeks. I'm sure you guys are antsy excited!
Post a Comment