Things are beginning to change around here in the McGowan house as our due date creeps nearer and the reality of another little person joining our family is becoming more of a reality. I'm finally happy enough with how the nursery looks to post pictures. I'd say its about 99% done and we are VERY happy with it. Hopefully Jay will enjoy it as much as we do. Here are some pictures of the nursery I took today.



Oakley is going to be such a good big brother. Any time I'm in the nursery he comes in and sits right in front of the rocking chair. He's going to keep me good company while I'm rocking Jay.


My birthday was last week and my parents got me the Pack and Play we wanted. We got it all put together and set up in our bedroom to make sure it would fit. I was SO excited to see how well it went with our bedroom. It was only available online so I hadn't actually seen it in person before. We're planning on having Jay sleep in it while he's in our room before he starts to sleep in the crib in the nursery. Now that it is already all set up, we're just going to leave it where it is so Oakley can get used to it being there. Almost every day he's gone in and looked in it, but no Baby Jay just yet!
We also went to an infant care class this weekend and learned all sorts of information about what is to come! It was a lot of fun watching John practice swaddling a baby and change diapers! Can't believe all of this is happening, before we know it, Jay will be here!


2 comments:
WOW! I really can't believe how much you guys have ready, and you haven't even had any showers yet! The nursery looks wonderful. Jay is going to be one lucky boy to have such an awesome Mommy and Daddy!
You guys are getting prepared. Good for you. Don't let anyone give you grief about buying all that stuff. Ben and I did the same thing. We bought a little bit each month, and it worked out great. Trust me, there will still be plenty that you need to buy at the last minute, and at the end of pregnancy you will not feel like doing as much anyway. You will be pooped. The nursery is precious. I can't wait to see pics of little Jay. Being a mommy is so great.
Post a Comment