So apparently my mom and I misunderstood the point of Labor Day Weekend. Instead of resting from all the work we usually do.....we created more work for ourselves by starting quite a project. We spent ALL of Saturday and ALL of Sunday removing not one but two layers of wallpaper from our master bathroom walls. Why did John and I decide to do a bathroom remodel the first weekend after school started instead of during the summer......who knows. I think we both realized if we didn't get it started now, it wasn't ever going to get started. So here are pictures before we started steaming, ripping, tearing, sanding, and spackling......
And here's how our bathroom looks now.......quite the danger zone!
Here's a picture of Oakley checking out a sample tile we bought. He's standing on the carpet (eeww!) that will hopefully be gone soon and replaced by gorgeous tile. We're also replacing the vinyl flooring in the guest bathroom and laundry room with the same tile.
Hopefully this new "look" is temporary. I hope to have paint on the walls this weekend and tile on the floors soon after that! Too bad I'm EXHAUSTED now and have to teach all week!


No comments:
Post a Comment